Thanks to Malcolm Floyd's unexpected no-show, Adrian Peterson's last-minute scratch, Reggie Wayne's stinkbomb, and 35 freaking points for Ray Rice, I have been eliminated from the A League.
If I had played either of the other teams in the playoffs, I'd have won comfortably and would be playing for $240. But instead I played the team with Ray Rice and Drew Brees, also known as my stupid freaking brother, and now I'm suffering from post-fantasy-football-depression (PFFD).
However, I made the Finals in the B league, and also in 4 of my other 10 leagues. Ironically, my best ESPN team lost in the Semi-Finals, 122-133, thanks again to AP's goose egg and also to Dan Carpenter, who missed four field goals. Now all I have to do is win at least 3 of the 5 possible championships, and I'll at least be able to say I won 3 of my 12 leagues (25%).
If Malcolm Floyd and AP just would have told me ahead of time that they planned on being inactive, I would have subbed in Johnny Knox and BenJarvus Green-Ellis. And if I would have replaced Gates with Brent Celek instead of Anthony Fasano (which I almost did), I would have won by 2 points.
Not making excuses. Just saying ... I got robbed. I will forever hate Ray Rice.
Stay tuned for my crappy week 15 picks recap (I went 7-9, but it was a totally insane week, so I'll take it) and my week 16 picks (Lions will win 3 straight!?) as well as the nearly-half-finished NBA top 50. And before I say goodbye, here are 6 random thoughts:
1) Regarding the UConn women's basketball team and their 88 consecutive wins - I just want to ask one question: If they played against the UConn men's basketball team, would the men win by more or less than 88 points? I think less, but only slightly.
2) Regarding Michael Vick saying that he would like to own a dog, I also heard that Osama Bin Laden would like to be a commercial airline pilot for Delta.
3) Regarding the NHL ... just stop it. No one is watching. No one cares.
4) Regarding Cliff Lee to the Phillies and Zach Grienke to the Brewers ... that means 2 of the 3 best pitchers from the AL just went to the NL. This not only helps the Tigers, but it gives Verlander a legit shot at the Cy Young, and also crushes the Yankees. They were banking on Lee. Wonderful news all around.
5) Regarding the Miami Heat's 12 game winning streak ... I told you so.
6) Regarding the 2011 NFL Draft ... I'm really excited for Detroit to take Wisconsin's LT Gabe Carimi with the 7th overall pick. He's going to replace Backus immediately, and he's going to be really good.
That's it. Peace out.