Pages

Thursday, December 17, 2009

week 15 quick picks

Week 15 picks

Thursday
Colts @ Jaguars
Sorry Jags, nobody is stopping Peyton this season. I’m fully convinced the Colts are going 16-0 and have a very good shot at 19-0. Indy by 18.

Saturday
Cowboys @ Saints
New Orleans is long overdue for their first loss of the season, and Dallas’s December woes are being blown way out of proportion. They’re playing good football, they’ve just run into two teams that they weren’t going to beat, regardless of the month. They know this. Roy Williams all but guaranteed a win over the Saints. Not that Roy should be saying anything since he might be their worse player, but the point is, Dallas isn’t just going to roll over. They’re confident. If this game was in Texas, or even at a neutral field, I’d pick the ‘Boys. I really would. But the Superdome has been the hardest stadium to play in this year, and Drew Brees continues to transform his game from ‘Statistical Machine’ to ‘Guy Who Wins Tough Games.’ Ever since I picked against the Saints in week two, I vowed not to pick against Brees until he lost. So I’ll take the Saints again. By 6.

Sunday
Cleveland @ Kansas City
Blah. I’ll take the Chiefs by 3.

Houston @ St. Louis
Upset special: I’ll take the Rams by 3.
Wait, scratch that. I’ll take Houston. What the heck was I thinking...

Atlanta @ NY Jets
Depends on the status of Matt Ryan … For now I’ll pick the Jets. Actually, I'll pick the Jets either way.

Miami @ Tennessee
I like the Titans to win big.

San Francisco @ Philadelphia
Eagles by 20.

New England @ Buffalo
Pats by 15. Division clinched.

Arizona @ Detroit
Cards by 35. Division clinched.

Chicago @ Baltimore
Ravens by 10.

Oakland @ Denver
Broncos by 28. (Charlie Frye is starting for Oakland)

Cincinnati @ San Diego
I really want to pick Cincy in the upset, but I don't think they have the secondary to slow down Rivers and his many weapons. Bolts win again. By 12.

Tampa Bay @ Seattle
Seattle wins but it’s closer than expected.

Green Bay @ Pittsburgh
Green Bay is red hot. Pittsburgh is ice cold (coming off consecutive loses to Oakland and Cleveland). I should pick Green Bay. But I'm picking Pitt at home. I think Green Bay is a little overrated right now. Steelers by 9.

Minnesota @ Carolina
Vikings clinch a first-round bye, win by 14.

Monday Night:NY Giants @ Washington
Upset special #3: I’ll take the Skins by 5.


Updated playoff picks:
Colts
Chargers
Patriots
Bengals
*Ravens
*Broncos

Saints
Vikings
Cardinals
Eagles
*Cowboys
*Packers

Updated MVP votes
-Offensive: Brees, Chris Johnson, Manning, Favre, Rivers. In that order.
-Defensive: Woodson, Allen, Sharper, Dumervil, Revis.

*EDIT**
2 things:
- I knew I should have picked the Cowboys!
- Chris Johnson moves ahead of Brees on my MVP ballot ... for now.

1 comment:

  1. Tough to argue with any of those picks. I'll take Miami in a squeaky close win, and Atlanta to rise up and beat down some Jets.

    Side note - I think your promised upcoming Lost preview should be like these picks - I'd take John Locke coming back to life over Charlie coming back to life, etc. Or maybe power rankings as well?

    ReplyDelete