Pages

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

NBA preview

Hey yall

I know I haven't posted anything in a week .. just to let you know, I'm working on a huge NBA preview which I'm about half way done with. I haven't had much time to work on it. But it'll be up soon and there's only about 1 month until football season (halelujah!), at which time I'll post my weekly picks along with plenty of thoughts on the Lions loses and other NFL-related things. But right now is the dead time for sports. In the aftermath of soccer and LeBron and moderately entertaining ventures in golf and tennis, we have now reach a month-long span in sports which can only be described as an utter snooze-fest. I don't know how many more times ESPN can try to hype up A-Rod's quest for 600 home runs.

The Tigers are so sucky lately that I can barely breathe when I think about them. I was going to write about Matt Garza's "no-hitter' a few days ago and how retarted it is to throw a no-hitter against a bunch of minor league players and how the Tigers have five guys in the lineup with OBPs that are less than .300 when no other team has more than two such guys, and how Laird, Raburn and Kelly are three of the five worst hitters in all of Major League Baseball, and how Gerald Laird literally has 1 walk and 5 hits in the month of July despite 38 at-bats and he might be the worst player in the history of the Majors... but then I decided that writing such a thing would only infuriate me so I didn't. But let's just say that two weeks ago the Tigers were in first place and well on their way to the playoffs, and now they'll be lucky to hold off the Indians for fourth. Magglio, Guillen and Inge (not to mention Zumaya) are all likely out for the season. The Tigers need to trade for a quality hitter, and then do it again, and then again, and then again. But the problem is, we have no one to trade ...

Anyway, today is my 25th birthday. I am officially an antique, and can now legally rent a car. Thank goodness. I can smoke, drink, vote, go to jail, join the Army, get married, have a child, but now society has deemed that I am finally old enough to rent a car. That's got to rank up there along with this video as the dumbest thing about America.